Transport Manager / Compliance Manager Courses
Our specialist expertise in transport compliance management and working knowledge of industry regulations means we can provide you with first class training services for your drivers and office staff.
Foster Tachographs Limited has developed an exclusive and unrivalled Transport/ Compliance Managers’ Course which is already proving highly successful. Positive feedback from recent delegates includes comments such as:
“Brilliant course was up to a standard never seen before.”
Who should attend?
All transport managers and anybody considering the role of transport manager.
Next course: To be confirmed - please contact us for details 01772-655155
Duration: 3 days.
How to book: Call Foster Tachographs on 01772 655155.
Our primary objective in this course is to educate and enhance your employees’ skills in their roles as transport managers overseeing your key operations.
The knowledge with which we equip course delegates is pivotal in meeting your obligations for Operator Licensing and the requirements set out by the Traffic Commissioner.
Our purpose is to provide learning and effective knowledge transfer which helps your manager fulfil their role in compliance and legislation. Those who attend this intensive three day course will be able to:
- Quote the regulations and fully describe the company systems implemented to ensure that you meet all of your legal obligations
- Describe and apply their job role and responsibilities in the context of the above
- State the legal obligations placed on a transport manager, (O Licence Holder) by current legislation
- State the source of this legislation and demonstrate where reference material can be located
- Demonstrate how to complete the forms and returns and describe the information required by Internal Procedures, (IMS)and external agencies/regulator to 100% accuracy within the time scale identified
- State the legal obligations placed on drivers by current legislation
- Provide advice to drivers about their personal responsibilities under current legislation in the absence of the transport/fleet manager
- Identify breaches of legislation and set procedures to immediately bring those to the attention of the transport/fleet manager
- Describe the information required following an incident/accident and demonstrate the completion of the relevant paperwork to 100% accuracy using the gathered information.
Course content includes, but is not limited to:
- EC Drivers’ Hours & Tachograph Legislation (EC 561/2006)
- Working Time Directive (EC 2002/15)
- Domestic Drivers’ Hours’ Regulations
- The legal consequences of non-compliance for individuals and your company, including corporate manslaughter
- The legal undertakings of both your company and your transport manager
- Interviews, assessment and induction processes, including driving licence checks
- Scheduling of work and maintenance
- Training procedures
- Tachograph analysis, reporting and presentation
- Drivers’ re-education and disciplinary action
- Tachograph administration systems including downloading of digital data
- Innovative processes to identify rogue and non- compliant drivers
- Investigative procedures and enforcement agencies
- Systems for full time, casual, part time, occasional and agency drivers
- Action and advice for emergency exceptions
- Case studies and practical assessments